[Parentsgroup-list] Vaccinating your child at the Cambridge Hospital

Ayfer Karakaya Stump stump at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 23 16:20:01 EDT 2009

Dear List Member,

In a about a week my baby is scheduled for her two-month visit and first
round of vaccines at the Cambridge Hospital Pediatrics. I am planning to
request the doctor to use Thimerosal (mercury)-free vaccines and to do
no more than one vaccine per doctor's visit, and possibly even implement
an alternative schedule to the CDC's current schedule. Does any one of
you have an idea as to how open Cambridge Hospital pediatricians
--especially Dr. Glotzer-- are to such requests? Also, at what point
should I inform them about my preference for a Thimerosal (mercury)-free
vaccine? Before the visit or during the visit?

Many thanks in advance,

Ayfer Karakaya-Stump
History/Middle Eastern Studies