[Parentsgroup-list] RE: Parentsgroup-list] anti-breastfeeding article in the AtlanticMonthly

Sebastian Velez svelez at oeb.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 20 12:08:30 EDT 2009

Dear all:

Thanks to all for the replies to my post. One of the most important
papers for parental-offspring conflict and genetic imprinting (where
the same gene gets different expression in the child depending if it
came from the mother or the father) is David Haig (1993) Genetic
Conflicts in Human Pregnancy, The Quarterly Review of Biology, Vol.
68, No. 4 (Dec., 1993), pp. 495-532.

You can find it through hollis, or maybe here
http://www.jstor.org.ezp-prod1.hul.harvard.edu/sici?sici=0033-5770(199312)68%3A4%3C495%3AGCIH%3E2.0.CO%3B2-U&origin=ISI&cookieSet=1

or send me an email and I'll send you the PDF. The paper has been
cited more than 300 times, so you can look at those that cite him to
go deeper into any of the subtopics that may interest you.

Sebastian