[Parentsgroup-list] RE: Parentsgroup-list] anti-breastfeeding article in the AtlanticMonthly

émilie cappella emilie.cappella at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 22:26:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

I wonder why everybody is always talking about breastfeeding PROS and CONS.=
 You're not doing better when you breastfeed, but you're doing worse when y=
ou give formula, that's the point. And you know that when you try to answer=
 the question "what is formula ?"
http://www.theecologist.org/pages/archive_detail.asp?content_id=3D586
Of course breast milk is not a magical elixir, people and journalists who t=
ell that are just doing some poetry. Breast milk is only the normal thing. =
The natural process is more reliable than the industrial one, and we don't =
need to count IQ points to know that.
The Atlantic article shows that American propaganda about breastfeeding wen=
t too far : some women believed the propaganda and were disappointed, so no=
w they are initiating a kind of revolt as naive as their first belief in th=
e magic. It's unfair for the people who try so hard to obtain a better legi=
slation for working mothers.

Emilie Cappella