[Parentsgroup-list] anti-breastfeeding article in the Atlantic Monthly

Irene Newton irene.newton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 09:36:50 EDT 2009

Hi parents,

I wonder what you'll make of this provocative article.  I feel like I also
had my issues with breastfeeding (especially the inequality it sets up in
the parenting between mother and father) but I feel quite strongly that it
is the best option for my child.  The article below brings up a lot of
questions about breastfeeding and I wonder what the highly educated members
of this listserve will make of it.

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200904/case-against-breastfeeding

-Irene

-- =

Irene L.G. Newton
Postdoctoral Fellow
Tufts University - Microbiology Department
Jaharis 424
136 Harrison Ave.
Boston, MA 02111