[Parentsgroup-list] Seeking an immediate opening in a childcare center

Jennifer Worden jmw981 at mail.harvard.edu
Fri Mar 6 09:49:14 EST 2009

Michelle,

My son is at the Learning Circle, which is on Highland Ave. in Somerville.
While I have had some reservations in past about the quality of some of the
teachers, we're currently very happy with their Red Toddler room. I've also
found the director to be exceptionally responsive to feedback and willing to
work with parents to ensure they are having a positive experience. Toddler
rates for full time there are $350/week. They have the usual policies about
vacation time (i.e. you pay 52 weeks a year regardless of your or their
vacations) and they close for snow days whenever Somerville public schools
do (although hopefully, that won't be a problem for the rest of this year!).
I'm happy to talk about this more with you via email or in person (I'm also
at the Ed. School).

Jennifer

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Michelle Forman <mlf534 at mail.harvard.edu>wr=
ote:

> Hi everyone -
>
> My heretofore stay at home husband just took a job, leaving us in serious
> need of childcare for our 17 month old. Does anyone know of an immediate
> opening or have a suggestion for us? I am open to a home center (or whate=
ver
> they're called) or a nanny-share, but I'd love to have him around other
> kids.
>
> Thanks so much for any thoughts.
>
> Michelle
>
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Alison Denton Jones <
> adjones at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I've recently had the hypnobabies natural childbirth program recommended,
>> but there don't seem to be any classes in the area (this is different fr=
om
>> the more common hypnobirthing program). I know there is a self-study cou=
rse
>> with books and CDs; does anyone have these that they would be willing to
>> give or lend to me? I'd also be interested in people's experience using =
the
>> program.
>>
>> Thanks very much!
>> -alison
>>
>> for those who don't know about it: http://www.hypnobabies.com/
>>
>> --
>>

> --
> Michelle Forman
> Doctoral Student, Education Policy
> Strategic Education Research Partnership
> Harvard Graduate School of Education
> 617-895-6455 (cell)
> 617-495-7661 (office)

-- =