[Parentsgroup-list] Any good dental plan for adults?

Sebastian Velez velezseb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 00:57:25 EDT 2009

Hi JP:

About a year ago, I broke a tooth too, and the bill was $2,500. I was
lucky that just a month before my wife had put me on her dental
insurance (through her work), and I only had to pay $500.

Getting any health insurance to accept you and pay after you have a
problem is going to be next to impossible. Many dentists will agree to
a lower fee if you tell them that you are are willing to pay in cash
(as in $20 bills) because most don't report cash income on their
taxes, but others will actually try to charge you more, so you will
have to visit several.

Good luck. I know how painful a broken tooth is.

Best,

Sebastian

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Jieping Fang<fang2 at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Dear all parents,
>
> Sorry to bother you guys. I am a Ph.D. student and a mother too. My health plan
> doesn't cover dental. However, one of my teeth was broken yesterday. I need
> some immediate restoration. The problem could be very serious.
>
> If there is anybody happens to know any good and inexpensive dental care plan, I
> would be very appreciated for your sharing. I am open to all your suggestions.
> Thank you very much!
>
> Best,
> JP

Sebastián Vélez