[Parentsgroup-list] re: hourly rate for babysitting

spsuch spsuch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 23:15:14 EST 2009

Hi Hilary,

I don't tip my sitters. I sometimes round up, sometimes not. Ie, if I
owe $43, sometimes I'll give $45 but if I have the ones, I'll give
$43. I know some people do tip and, certainly, if you want to be on
the top of that sitter's priority list, it can only help! I did give
my most regular babysitter a christmas gift equivalent to about one
night's sitting (I also guarantee her at least one sitting job/week.
We have a set night but if I can't do it that night, I always
reschedule with her instead of just canceling. She seems very
appreciative of this.).

They are expensive and it does add up fast. Sigh...

Sara