[Parentsgroup-list] hourly rate for babysitting?

rose at fas.harvard.edu rose at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 29 20:13:24 EST 2009

Leonor,
>From what I understand, the going rate is $10/hr on up.

I think that $10 is for high-school-type sitters, adults get at least $12/hr,
and $15/hr for experienced adult babysitters (such as those with CPR training,
daycare workers, etc).

Additionally, I think that the rate is expected to go up as the babysitter has
been with your for a year or more, etc. For example, some people have given a
$1/hr raise when the babysitter has been sitting for about a year on a
consistent basis.

However, I do not know if any of this is generalized to other people's
experiences. Any comments?

Susannah