[Parentsgroup-list] suggestions for teeth cleaning?

Michelle Forman mlf534 at mail.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 25 14:36:56 EST 2009

Hi everyone -

I have a 17 month old whose teeth we have attempted to swab with a small
toothbrush with water. He is now refusing to open his mouth for this
exercise and I'm nervous about tooth / gum problems. Wondering if anyone
could shed light on:

effective practices, products, strategies for teeth cleaning at this age

the age when a first dentist's visit is in order and any pediatric dentist
recommendations

thoughts on how often one should be brushing their teeth at this age

Thanks so much!

Michelle

-- =

Michelle Forman
Doctoral Student, Education Policy
Strategic Education Research Partnership
Harvard Graduate School of Education
617-895-6455 (cell)
617-495-7661 (office)