[Parentsgroup-list] Preschool questions

Wasti, Irana iwasti at mba2009.hbs.edu
Fri Feb 20 14:47:01 EST 2009

Hello parents,

My husband and I (neither one of us grew up in USA) are starting to research information about pre-schools vs. day care vs what kind of preschool philosophy, etc.  We are a bit overwhelmed and lost as to the right timing, right place, etc.  We are trying to gather as much information as we can on this subject.

If you have any advice, or good source of information, or a good school that you'd recommend we visit just to get a sense for different types of programs - we would greatly appreciate that.  Our basic questions:
1. when to start preschool (our son is 15 months now)
2.  what philosophy
3.  how to evaluate preschools
4.  online sources with preschool reviews, list of best schools, etc.
5.  names of good schools in the area (Cambridge, Boston vicinity) to check out

Thanks!
~Irana