[Parentsgroup-list] help identifying a Boston-area mom for research related media coverage

Katy Backes Kozhimannil kbackes at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Feb 9 17:22:11 EST 2009

Dear Harvard Parents,

I'm writing to ask for your help.  I'm the proud mom of Paul (who will be
six months old on Friday!), and I'm also a doctoral student in health
policy.  I've recently had one of my dissertation papers accepted for
publication (horay!).  There is going to be some press outreach related to
this article, and the journal has offered to put together a short radio and
television interview.  They will be interviewing me and have also asked if I
could help them identify a Boston-area mom whose story would help highlight
our findings, and who would also be willing to be interviewed.  Ideally,
this would be a new mom (gave birth in the past 5 years) who has experienced
both diabetes (either before or during pregnancy) and depression (either
during or after pregnancy).

I realize that this may be a sensitive topic and a challenge to find someone
willing to talk about what may have been a very difficult experience, but
the team is very competent and understanding.  Another challenge is the
timeline - the journal would like to conduct the interview this week or
next, but it would only take less than an hour of someone's time.

If you or anyone you know fit this profile and would be willing to tell your
story, I would be so very grateful.  Please email me directly, off the
list.

With Appreciation,
Katy

-- =