[Parentsgroup-list] BICYCLE AUCTION

Sebastian Velez svelez at oeb.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 25 14:00:01 EDT 2008

Hi all:

I've received several inquiries about the bike auction at the undergrad hou=
ses. We are tuning up the bikes this weekend and hope to have the auction n=
ext Sunday in the afternoon at Kirkland House or the quad between Kirkland =
the MAC gym.

About prices, you never know with an auction. I was at a bike auction a few=
 years back in another school, and bikes were selling for $100, with some e=
ven going for $400. I've also seen auctions in which there are more items t=
han people and bikes ended up going for $1. I was at such an auction last w=
eek and bought 3 fridges and a microwave oven, all together for $2. =

The bikes we have range from rusty 60's styled one-speed cruisers (talk abo=
ut cool factor), to high end custom-butted and aluminum-frame mountain bike=
s with barely a few miles on them.

I'll post details to this list as soon as I get more information.

Cheers to all,

Sebastian

--
Sebasti=E1n V=E9lez
PhD Candidate, Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology