[Parentsgroup-list] OB/GYN at HUHS

Michal Herzfeld mherzfeld at law.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 18 13:29:50 EST 2008

I also thought Dr. Goldman was very reassuring.  My husband and I met
all of the OBs and both hoped that Dr. Goldman would be at the delivery,
because he's very calm.  In the end, we had Dr. Karen Girard, who is
somehow affiliated with UHS but doesn't see patients for their routine
checkups at UHS.  I thought she was also very calm and reassuring,
although she may have been responsible for making a medical error during
the delivery that caused me to have to return to the emergency room 2
days after I was released.
Dr. Mikaelian might still be on maternity leave, but I didn't think she
was helpful at all.  She was impatient when addressing (or not) my
concerns, refused to write a prescription for me that I needed (so I had
to see another doctor to get it), and she was kind of condescending.
This might have been because she was quite pregnant when I delivered,
and was still doing shifts, so she was probably exhausted.
Hope this helps, and best of luck!