[Parentsgroup-list] OB/GYN at HUHS

Meeta Sharma Gupta meeta at eecs.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 18 12:47:56 EST 2008

Hi Finn,

I had Dr. Susan Mikaelian throughout my pregnancy whom we really liked,
but my son was delivered by Dr. Goldman. I really liked him, he was quite
reassuring. I had a normal delivery but my progress was quite slow. He
tried to keep the situation light for me, and so everything went fine.
I agree it is a personal preference, I think you should meet up with the
doctors and go by your instinct.

Thanks,
Meeta

> Manjari (and all),
>
> Funny! Yes, certainly personal preference and experiences with the Drs
> make
> all the difference.
>
> Deb
>

> On 11/18/08 12:36 PM, "Manjari C. Miller" <mchatter at fas.harvard.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey Deb (and Finn),
>>
>> Just had to chime in: I ultimately had John Goldman who I loved (calm,
>> reassuring) and Dr. Olson who I hated (I was in my 7th month, relieved
>> that everything was going well, said as much to Olson, who responded
>> that
>> you never know what might happen and that he had just that morning
>> attended the stillbirth of a woman who was 7 months pregnant--needless
>> say I was horrified and stressed out). Anyway the point being that an
>> Ob-gyn is a very personal preference--try all of them before you decide
>> on
>> one.
>>
>> Best,
>> Manjari
>>

>> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Debrah Rud wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Finn,
>>>
>>> I agree that Dr. Guzelian is quite capable and has a great bedside
>>> manner.
>>> She did not deliver my son, but she was there at the very beginning of
>>> my
>>> labor. My son was delivered (9.5lbs, posterior, forceps delivery after