[Parentsgroup-list] OB/GYN at HUHS

Debrah Rud debrah_rud at student.hms.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 18 12:22:20 EST 2008

Hi Finn,

I agree that Dr. Guzelian is quite capable and has a great bedside manner.
She did not deliver my son, but she was there at the very beginning of my
labor. My son was delivered (9.5lbs, posterior, forceps delivery after 2
hours of pushing) by Dr. Zinner, who is absolutely fantastic, but
unfortunately she is no longer with the HUHS practice. I also liked Dr.
Olson, who was my primary OB. He has a very calm and steady manner that I
really appreciated. I did not like Dr. Goldman, can=B9t say exactly why, he
just seemed a bit condescending =8B he has a way of always saying =B3we=B2 =
-- =B3How
are we doing today?=B2.  Anyway, personal preference I suppose.

I agree with Meytal and have to say that I really was glad that my son was
born at the Brigham. I labored unmedicated (until the forceps delivery) and
pushed as long as they would let me but my poor =B3little=B2 guy was face u=
p and
stuck against my pelvic bone. While the forceps delivery was really
difficult for both my son and me, it was better than going for a c-section
after he was lodged in my pelvis. I really felt that the Brigham allowed me
to make my own decisions in terms of laboring naturally and then took the
reigns when it became dangerous, and I really feel that in retrospect that I
would not have been able to push him out without the aid of the forceps.

Anyway, good luck to everyone expecting. So exciting!

Debrah
G6 PhD Program in Virology
Mother of Jackson (almost 4!)

On 11/18/08 11:07 AM, "Meytal Higgins" <budin at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Hi Finn,
> =

> I have an 11 month old boy who was born at Brigham and Womens through HUH=
S.  I