[Parentsgroup-list] toy room in peabody terrace?

Jean-Francois Charles jcharles at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Nov 16 22:14:53 EST 2008

Hello Simone,
The Peabody Terrace Playroom is indeed a great place to play with young
children.
Only current Peabody Terrace residents may be members. This has been the
rule since the creation of the playroom. In the past, a few other members of
the Harvard community have been granted access, but it is no longer
possible.
The annual membership fee is $50, which go toward buying toys and equipment.
All members share light clean-up duties during the year.
If you live in Peabody Terrace, and would like more information, please send
an e-mail to the Peabody Terrace resident advisors (my wife Bénédicte and
myself) at bjfcharles at gmail. com

Regarding the access limited to Peabody Terrace residents, we understand the
frustration of families from the Harvard community who don't live in Peabody
Terrace and have heard about its playroom. Indoor playgrounds are very rare
around Cambridge, and we know how hard it is to take care of young children
in small apartments, especially during the winter.
Since it is not possible for one lonely playroom to fill the lack of similar
structures, we can only encourage parents from the Harvard community to
gather and search for or help create similar spaces in other Harvard
housing, or in their neighborhood.
If you have such a project, or would like to know more about a playroom
operation, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would be very happy to
help you.

All the best,

Bénédicte and Jean-François Charles.