[Parentsgroup-list] Cooperative Childcare Group

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Mar 16 20:58:42 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I've done a couple of babysitting co-ops, and this was by far the best 'day
care' I did when my son was very small.  (he's 5 now)

My suggestion is that once you have a couple of people in a neighborhood who are
interested, to just start trading days or however you organize it.  I found that
the physical location of the participants was one of the biggest factors in how
successful the co-op was.

If you are in JP, there is a Yahoo group (or two?) for JP moms, including one
for co-ops.  As far as I know the groups still exist, so just search the Yahoo
groups page to find them.

I think co-ops are fantastic.

--Christine