[Parentsgroup-list] Cooperative Childcare Group

Jennifer Worden wordenje at gse.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 15 17:30:14 EDT 2008

I’m wondering if there is any interest in beginning a small cooperative childcare group. What I’m
proposing is that 4-6 of us who are looking for ½ time or ¾ time childcare band together to take
care of each other’s children for either very low or no cost. My idea is that we could work
together to come up with a schedule where we rotate free or low cost care among us. It’s all still
a bit nebulous in my mind at the moment, but I’d definitely be willing to brainstorm or discuss
alternative ideas. Ideally for me, we would use the summer to get to know each other and our
children and then start trading hours in the fall (or in the summer, if that’s what people need).
Shoot me an email if you’re interested in discussing this possibility further.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Jennifer (Mother to Seba, 4.5 months)