[Parentsgroup-list] crimson article on GSAS parents

Kontos, Emily Zobel Emily_Kontos at DFCI.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Mar 6 12:52:27 EST 2008

I think the article and attention is needed but why is there a soley GSAS focus?
There are parents throughout the graduate schools that need their voice heard. I
even spoke with the reporter but no mention of problems with the Longwood
Medical Campus. For instance, it is crazy that the daycare stipend can't be used
for non-Harvard institutions. It is not feasible for me to trek to Cambridge to
drop my baby off and then trek to HSPH. We need a wider perspective.

-----Original Message-----
From: wenc at fas.harvard.edu
To: "Kontos, Emily Zobel" <Emily_Kontos at DFCI.HARVARD.EDU>;
"parentsgroup-list at lists.hcs.harvard.edu"
<parentsgroup-list at lists.hcs.harvard.edu>
Sent: 3/6/2008 12:42 PM
Subject: [Parentsgroup-list] crimson article on GSAS parents

Hi all,

Although I am quoted in a way that makes me look like an idiot (are those
typos???  sheesh...I gotta cut down on the caffeine), from an interview that
took place months ago and nothing to do with the report, there is an article in
the Crimson today about the presentation last night on the GSC/HGWISE report on
Parental Accomodation.

Thanks to everyone who participated!  Looks like there was a great turnout.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=522343

--Christine