[Parentsgroup-list] crimson article on GSAS parents

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 6 13:06:15 EST 2008

I absolutely agree with you, but because of the decentralized way Harvard is
organized, it is almost impossible to do ANYTHING that brings grad students
from different schools together.  It's actually a major achievement that this
survey was done at all.

Whe we formed the Grad Student Parents Organization, we really tried to make it
officially a Harvard-wide group, but it turned out there there is basically no
administrative way to do this.  So we are officially a GSAS group, but include,
informally, students from all schools.

At the moment, as far as I can tell, almost anything that might happen for grad
student parents has to be done on a school-by-school basis.  I know this is
insane, but this is what we are working with.  With any luck this will change
with Pres. Faust's leadership and support.

--Christine