[Parentsgroup-list] Enormous goldfish seeks new home + moving sale coming

Alan Wagner agwagner at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 31 08:21:19 EDT 2008

Hi all,

We're leaving the country next week, and one of the many tasks we've
left to the last minute is finding a new home for our pet goldfish,
Harpo.  (We don't actually know if he's a he or a she, we just
guessed...)

Harpo is a common goldfish species (not an ornamental kind), but is
extraordinary in that he has grown to be about a foot long, including
his beautiful, flowing tail.  He came as a table decoration to a
luncheon at Lowell House a few years ago, when he was less than two
inches in size, and he just grew bigger with each new tank we put him
in.  I don't believe he can get much larger than his current size,
though.

Harpo comes with the 20-gallon tank he's currently living in, which is
still probably too small for him (he dirties the water up, and needs a
partial water change about once a week.  We also will include the
filter, plus two five-gallon buckets and tubing we use for water
changes, and his water quality test kit).  We also have what appears
to be a 40-gallon tank plus filter that we recovered from last
spring's move-out that we can give you -- we never had the chance to
try it out, but it should be a better size for him.

So -- if you'd like to welcome a beautiful, inexpensive, low-
maintenance pet into you home, please call Alan at 617-493-2911 or
email <agwagner at fas.harvard.edu>.

Keep your eyes out also for our moving sale, to be announced in a day
or two -- we have some very good infant / toddler items that we're not
taking with us, including a crib, playpen, two strollers, car seat,
and booster seat, plus also some furnishings and housewares (wooden
bed frame, a set of 4 bamboo curtains, small appliances, a 23-inch TV,
space heater...)  If you have a special interest in any of these,
please call or email as well.

All the best,

Alan Wagner (Ph.D. 2008)
Resident Tutor, Lowell House