[Parentsgroup-list] swaddling

Candice Belanoff CBELANOF at hsph.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 25 13:04:05 EDT 2008

I'm sure there are differing opinions on the subject, but I'd say this is a question for a trusted pediatrician.

--candice

Candice Belanoff, MPH
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Society, Human Development and Health
Harvard School of Public Health

>>> Maryann Shenoda <mshenoda at fas.harvard.edu> 7/25/2008 12:47 PM >>>
Dear all,
My husband and I have been swaddling our three month old son since he
was born, but we've heard that its best to stop swaddling by three
months.  We've tried to stop swaddling him and he cannot sleep because
his arms flail all over the place and he cries most of the night.  Any
ideas about when to stop swaddling and what to do if your baby can't
sleep without swaddling?
thanks,
Maryann

Maryann M. Shenoda