[Parentsgroup-list] How do nannies work?

DeAnna Cummings deanna at juxtaposition.org
Thu Jul 10 18:44:23 EDT 2008

Hello everyone.  Thank you for this question Marna. I am interested in hear=
ing about the nuts and bolts of nannies as well.  I have an 11 and 13 year =
old, who are technically old enough to stay on their own, but we are reloca=
ting to Cambridge, so that my husband and I can both attend graduate school=
 next year, and we are considering hiring a very part time nanny/sitter so =
our kids don't end up spending so much time alone in a new city.  We have n=
ever had experience with a nanny or sitter outside of family so don't reall=
y know where to begin.

DeAnna