[Parentsgroup-list] masshealth insurance for newborn

Jennifer Anderson jengoodand at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 9 16:01:04 EST 2008

I got MassHealth coverage for my kids even though I don't have it. (I am
covered through the HUHS insurance)

My experience with MassHealth has been great so far. For us it made sense
because a) it is completely free -no premiums, no co-pays, b) it covers
dental and vision and c) lots of doctors and dentists accept it, so we could
find providers near our house (we don't live in Cambridge).

I chose Neighborhood Health, but I think all of the companies are supposed
to be good.

Hope that's helpful!

Jennifer Anderson

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Tope Fadiran Charlton <
tope.fadiran at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have some questions about how I would go about getting Masshealth
> insurance for a new baby.  Do I or my spouse have to have MassHealth
> insurance in order for the baby to have it?  I'd also love to hear feedba=
ck
> from parents who got MassHealth insurance for their infants/kids rather t=
han
> HUHS insurance - how is that working out for you?  Thanks in advance for
> your thoughts/advice!
>
> Tope

-- =

Jennifer Anderson