[Parentsgroup-list] Crawling - Advice

Ian Stokes-Rees ijstokes at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Dec 5 23:21:14 EST 2008

Ian Stokes-Rees wrote:
> Perhaps it is only because Hilary is our second daughter (now 10
> months), but we have hard wood floors and don't think twice about
> them.  Babies are pretty well padded, and you'll probably have them in
> tights, sleepers, or trousers most of the time.  Our daughter prefers
> crawling just in a nappy on the

I had to laugh to myself this evening.  I was in the kitchen and my
daughter crawled in.  She has a funny way of crawling -- she goes just
on her hands and feet, rarely down on her knees.  I immediately thought
of this post I wrote last night saying she didn't mind hardwood floors
and realized her crawling style may be her adaptation to the fact that
the ground is so hard!  It wouldn't be the first time I've thought that
second children really get quite a different experience from the first...

Ian