[Parentsgroup-list] baby bike seats

Christine Wenc christinewenc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 10:59:44 EDT 2008

I LOVED the WeeRide seat -- it goes in the front, instead of the back.
 My son and I had a wonderful experience with it.  (Now he's way too
big for it, alas...)

You have your body around the kid, you can talk with them, connect
with them, and you can't do that nearly as easily with the back seat.
You can also get on and off the bike more or less normally because you
don't have to swing your leg over a back seat.

You do have to ride in a sort of open-legged position because the kid
is right there, but I didn't find this bad once I got used to it.
Only issue was that my son started to want to shift gears for me! but
we pretended the rivets on his front arm rest thing were shift buttons
and that helped. : )

See
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FIH0EG?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=nextag-sg-20&linkCode=asn

I think you can buy it directly from the manufacturer too -- you'd
have to Google them.  I LOVE this seat!!  They use front seats in
Europe more than back ones, apparently -- here the front seats are
still pretty new.

--Christine