[Parentsgroup-list] Kids concert at a Cambridge KidsCoop

Taeseok Kim kim57 at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 16 14:09:29 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I just want to mention that there will be a kids concert to benefit
Kids' Coop Cambridge on this Saturday as following:

What: Local Kids band the Pixies Sticks host a Sing Along to benefit Kids'
Coop Cambridge
Where: St. James Episcopal Church - 1991 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge
When: Saturday, April 19 at 11am
How much: $5/person; $15/family; under 1 free

We have currently fall openings.   My kid has been member all year,
and she loves it. Families are mostly from Cambridge and Somerville
and it's located on Mass Ave. near Porter Square.   Depending on where
you live, it's an easy drive.

The Coop is well-organized and functions really as a dependable, fun, safe and
structured long-standing play date. There are 15 families involved
(some with one kid, some with two); kids are generally 15 mos - 3.5
years. It's open 9 am - 12 noon following the Cambridge school
calendar. A parent works one morning and then drops the child off for
two additional mornings.
Each family also has an additional job to keep the Coop running smoothly. It's
wonderful! Our daughter has loved it. I've really enjoyed working with
the other kids and getting to know the other parents. It's perfect for
people who have flexibility in their schedule (like me, a grad
student) or stay-at-home or part-time working parents, since there's a
commitment to work one morning a week. It's about $75/month - we are
entirely parent-run, so most of the money goes for rent, snacks,
crafts etc. We don't hire a teacher like some other coops.

If you are interested, visit www.kidscoopcambridge.com and there's an email
address that goes to our membership parent.
I'm also happy to answer questions off line at kim57 at fas.harvard.edu.

Taeseok Kim