[Parentsgroup-list] RE: G-clock extension

Melissa Inouye inouye at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 3 16:31:03 EDT 2008

I was told when I had my baby that although the department's clock
would stop, the official registrar's clock would not and it is THIS
clock (the official registrar's clock) that determines grants and
teaching fellowships.  When I had my baby I asked if it would be
possible for me to "reserve" my teaching fellowships in the G3 and G4
years for a year or so later, and my department (and the registrar's
office) said NO.  Because of my husband's schooling, I was not in
Cambridge for the G3 and G4 years, so I just had to forfeit those
teaching fellowships for those years.