[Parentsgroup-list] Pumping during medical boards

Ziva Mann ziva.mann at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 13:40:58 EDT 2007

Judy,

thanks for the tip - I did some reading, and now I'm just irked.

I'm not surprised that a test-administering board knows nothing about
breastfeeding. (One 45 minute break per 4.5? hrs for a woman nursing a 4 mo.
baby? Ouch. Just thinking about it makes my ducts ache. And apparently she's
prone to mastitis. Oy.) I'm pretty disappointed that the judge doesn't know
enough about it to make a reasonable ruling, though. Yeesh.

And yes, there's lots of folks getting hung up on the ADHD/dyslexia. I agree
with you - they are missing the point.

What's really fascinating is the response from her fellow medical students.
The vocal ones are fiarly awful about it (with perhaps an exception or two).
Maybe we should just hope that the awful ones never go into pediatrics...

-Ziva