[Parentsgroup-list] from the Work-Life office on pumping--

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 14 20:02:13 EDT 2007

Here's what Nancy Costykian, head of the Work-Life Office, told me, pasted
below.  They are already looking into this.

Note that she said to email her with requests for more lactation room support,
and/or to go to your department administrators.  Her email is
nancy_costikyan at harvard.edu.  (and she's totally on our side, by the way...)

--Christine

"We are about to put out an invitation to the schools to partner with us on
locating lactation rooms
onsite. We will buy 5 hospital grade pumps, and the first 5 schools to agree
to provide and maintain an appropriate room (not a bathroom, thank you very
much) will get a pump from us without charge.  But your email makes me
realize that I need to add to this invitation a request that they notify us
of any current lactation room arrangements, so that we can post them.  If
anyone you know wants to email me directly with a request for more lactation
room support and/or will go to their local administrator with the request,
that will help the schools understand the need a bit better. Thanks for
sending this my way!!"