[Parentsgroup-list] Dear parents, I need your help and support

Debrah Rud debrah_rud at student.hms.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 29 14:22:56 EDT 2007

Hi Liza,

Firstly, don't worry, this will work out. Many women have faced challenges
like this and have made it through. I have found that things seem much more
difficult when you are worrying about it than they actually are in reality.

I'm a GSAS PhD student in Virology and I took a year leave of absence when I
had my son. I definitely recommend this. I taught during my leave of
absence, but that was it.

My best advice is to stay calm, don't worry too much, and find out what
Harvard can do to help you.

Congratulations - even though this is unexpected, it is quite a blessing.

Let me know if there is anything else I can answer.

Sincerely,
Debrah