[Parentsgroup-list] dealing with lead

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 29 10:15:17 EST 2007

To make sure a place is officially and professionally deleaded by a licensed
contractor, ask to see the deleading certificate.

Real deleading is largely based on covering up lead paint to at least a certain
height from the floor (so kids can't chew on it), removing things like moldings
which can have more lead than walls, and replacing all old windows.

There isn't any amount of lead that is 'natural' -- the best blood level is 0.
But you won't find that in anyone these days.

--Christine