[Parentsgroup-list] dealing with lead

Amanda Alvine amueller at math.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 29 09:25:24 EST 2007

My Christmas lights have a little "Known to the state of California" type
warning on the package that clued me in to this--otherwise, I would not
have guessed.

One thing to consider for lead is whether your child is a mouth-er.  A
friend of mine kept her house clean, vacuumed and wiped, but she still had
lead dust getting on the toys (I guess) and going into her son's mouth.
The small one had lead issues (REALLY high, and in DC they send the test
results to child protective services so a social worker can come check
out your house), and the older, non-mouthers, had regular levels.

--Amanda