[Parentsgroup-list] Nanny taxes

Laura Thiemann Scales ltscales at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 09:55:15 EST 2007

We're still figuring out the system too, so I can't yet outline the
whole process, but this website has a calculator that will tell you
how much to withhold from her/his paycheck (or how much the nanny will
owe if you're not withholding), and how much extra you will owe in
your taxes.  It also allows you to print a paystub.

http://4nannytaxes.com/calculator/taxcalc.cfm

You are supposed to register to get to the calculators, but you
actually don't have to enter any information in the registration page
for it to work.

Also, you will need an Employer Identification Number, which you can get here.
https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/index.jsp

Laura