[Parentsgroup-list] ear infections and antibiotics

Melissa Wei-Tsing Inouye inouye at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 5 23:17:19 EST 2007

This may be totally witch doctory -- I haven't tried it myself -- but
my friend Laura had a thirteen month old boy who had a really severe
ear infection that wasn't clearing up, and the only thing that worked
after whatever the doctor had prescribed had failed (the doctor
eventually said, Well, it's not really getting better, so we'll have
to put tubes in his ears) was ONION JUICE (you crush an onion and put
a few drops of the juice in the ear) and according to Laura, it
cleared right up.  Has anyone heard of this remedy for ear infections
before?

Melissa