[Parentsgroup-list] ear infections and antibiotics

Deborah Freedman Woods dwoods at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Nov 5 11:38:15 EST 2007

Hi Emily,

Our pediatrician's approach to ear infections is to
prescribe antibiotics when the infection is severe.  If the
ear is just a little inflamed, they take a watch and wait
approach.  I'm going to guess that symptoms severe enough to
bring you to the ER would have warranted antibiotics at my
pediatrician's office.  I wouldn't hesitate to take your
daughter to the office today if you think she needs help
fighting this infection.

Take care!

Best,
Deb Woods