[Parentsgroup-list] Summer sublet on Shaler Lane

Noah Tucker noah_tucker at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 05:09:09 EDT 2007

Hello All,

We are set to move into a wonderful 2 bedroom apartment on Shaler Lane (where we currently have a 1 bedroom we've been really happy with, but have outgrown with a second baby this spring) but also to spend the summer in Central Asia doing reserach.

We cannot possibly afford to pay rent on the apartment while we're gone and not living in it, so we need to find a summer subletter as soon as possible. We'll be gone from around June 11 or 12 until the first week of September, so it might be ideal for anyone between leases for the summer or coming for a summer program.

The apartment is in a beautiful little set of red brick row houses just off of Mt. Auburn St between Sparks St. and Mt. Auburn Hospital. We have absolutely loved it here this year and are excited to be able to stay for at least another year--many of the other residents on the lane are families with small children, and it's really an ideal place for kids, with a small playground right inside the little complex (which is essentially closed to through traffic) and another larger one just across Mt. Auburn St.

The apartment itself is a 2 floor, appx 750 sqft 2 bedroom, with a living room and kitchen downstairs and two bedrooms and the bathroom (bath and shower) upstairs. There's storage room in the basement, and a very nice laundry room in another basement in the complex. Since we'll move all our things in before we leave, the apartment will be fully furnished, and we'd be happy to put in a second twin size bed (in addition to the full sized one that we have) in the second bedroom if two seperate people want to split the apartment.

It's beautiful 10-15 minute walk to Harvard square from here, either along the Charles or through the historic neighborhood along Brattle St., and if you're in a hurry both the 71/73 busses run regularly on Mt. Auburn and into Harvard Square T station.

We realy need to find a subletter (or two) for the summer as soon as possible, so if you're at all interested, we're definately willing to be flexible and negotiate some in terms of rent and/or utilities. Please get back to me right away if you might be interested, please be welcome to forward this to anyone you know who might be interested, and I would also appreciate any suggestions for other places to post these ads that might attract reliable people.

Thanks so much,

Noah Tucker
G1 REECA
ntucker at fas.harvard.edu