[Parentsgroup-list] Suggestions about Obstetrician and Hospital

Studart André andre.studart at mat.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 24 15:40:09 EDT 2007

Dear Parents and Parents-to-be,

We are a Brazilian couple expecting a baby for the end of October.
We will arrive in Boston this weekend. My husband will be a post-doc in the Physics Department at Harvard. I started my pre-natal in Switzerland, where I lived for the past 5 years. Now I´m looking for an Obstetrician in Cambridge/Boston to go on with the pre-natal and to follow us until the delivery in about 2.5 - 3 months.

We would highly appreciate if someone could recommend a good Obstetrician in the area. Suggestions on hospitals/maternity centers would also be very helpful.

We would also like to know more about how baby delivery really works in the US. Some of our questions are: is the delivery done by the obstetrician or midwives ? Can one chose the obstetrician or midwife who will take care of the delivery (we will have the Harvard Affiliate Health Insurance Plan) ?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestion,
Marina and Andre.