[parentsgroup-list] baby swimming

Marna S. Costanzo mcostanz at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 12 09:32:20 EDT 2007

Hi Liz-

The Cambridge YMCA offers baby "swim" classes in their pool and I believe
that if you get membership you can use their pool with your baby at other
times too.  They do require that the baby wears a swim diaper and that
you're with your baby at all times, of course.  The YMCA pool is indoors and
heated.  You can find their website at http://www.cambridgeymca.org .

Also, there is a public outdoor pool (Goldstar Mother's pool) off of
Cambridge Street in East Cambridge.  It is only open during the summer and
not heated.  There is no age restriction there but once again they just ask
that you use a swim diaper.

Hope this helps and good luck with your move!

Marna