[Parentsgroup-list] new requirements for dependent/spouse enrollment

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 10 07:52:41 EDT 2007

Sorry for all the emails! Just saw this.  It's new for this year. --Christine

Certification Requirements for Spouse, Domestic Partner and Dependent Child
Benefit Coverage

Medical benefit coverage for the spouse, qualified same-sex domestic partner
(QDP) and/or dependent children of Harvard University students and affiliates
will only be provided after receipt of appropriate documentation of the
relationship to the student. Appropriate documentation is defined as follows:

    * Valid marriage certificate or appropriate Visa for spousal coverage
    * Copy of a municipal registration of domestic partnership for QDP coverage
    * Birth certificate, adoption paperwork, or appropriate Visa for dependent
child* coverage

Documentation must be provided to Member Services with enrollment forms by plan
enrollment deadline. Dependent coverage enrollment forms will not be processed
without receipt of the appropriate documentation.

* must be under the age of 19 to qualify for dependent coverage

Questions about this requirement should be directed to Member Services at


More information about the Parentsgroup-list mailing list