[Parentsgroup-list] Info on state child care subsidy

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 7 23:04:28 EDT 2007

We haven't discussed this in a while so I thought I'd bring it up again.

If you make less than 50% of the state's median income (50% = $2890 per month),
you can get a state-subsidized voucher to help pay for child care.  Many grad
students will meet the income requirements, and I know that people on this list
have used these vouchers.

The catch is that unless you have a special needs child, the wait list can be
quite long--like a couple of years.  So if you have a baby now & think you
might want child care in a year or two, it's probably a good idea to apply.

See
http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=eohhs2terminal&L=5&L0=Home&L1=Consumer&L2=Family+Services&L3=Child+Care+and+Support&L4=Subsidized+Child+Care&sid=Eeohhs2&b=terminalcontent&f=occs_c_ier_childcare&csid=Eeohhs2

See also
http://www.massresources.org/pages.cfm?ContentID=26&pageID=8&Subpages='yes'&DynamicID=489

If anyone has experience with this program, feel free to post to the list!

--Christine