[Parentsgroup-list] NYT article about babysitting co-ops

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 7 21:19:57 EDT 2007

In the business section today, if this link doesn't work for you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/07/business/07baby.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5070&en=50724a22677a8ae3&ex=1184472000

It also references this book:
Gary Myers, “Smart Mom’s Baby-Sitting Co-op Handbook: How We Solved the
Baby-Sitter Puzzle” (Tukwila, 2000)

I have used all the different forms of child care (day care center, nanny share,
solo babysitter, and child care co-op) and the co-op was by FAR the best of all
of these--and was free!  I highly recommend making the effort to put one
together.  (Always feel free to use the email list for this purpose!)

--Christine