[Parentsgroup-list] traveling with an infant

Amanda Alvine amueller at math.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 18 17:21:57 EST 2007

Actually, the luggage cart thing seems to vary from airport to airport--if
they see an overloaded mom with stuff, they may run it through before you
and then let you put your stuff back on.  I've had that good luck in the
(recent--ie since they stopped allowing water bottles) past.

You might look for a carseat bag with wheels at a baby-goods store.  Then
you can zip the seat in (take out for security, sadly) with a blanket for
baby, and just wheel it along behind like a suitcase.  Two carseats
complicates things...but if you have seats for the kids, you'll need the
carseats if they're plane-OKed.  If you check them, the airline pretty
much says, "we guarantee only to get the thing there--if it's broken, too
bad."  Just fyi.

Best of luck!
--Amanda