[Parentsgroup-list] Office of Faculty Development and Diversity

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 30 22:17:17 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Just wanted to draw your attention to this new office, created in part out of
the results of the reports of the Women's Task Forces last year.

http://www.faculty.harvard.edu/05/051.html

for the Task Force reports, see
http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/daily/2005/05/16-wtaskforce_release.html

The Office of FD&D will be the place to watch for new developments in a more
diverse faculty makeup, as well as in support for faculty, postdocs and grad
students in the areas of child care and work-life balance.

Notice that "To encourage cross-University conversations about issues of faculty
development and diversity in higher education, the Office of FD&D has
established the FD&D Speaker Series Fund, to afford student and faculty groups
the opportunity to invite scholars to speak about issues that fall under the
Office's mission. Relevant presentation topics include, but are not limited to:

    * Diversity in the Academy
    * Dual-career academic couples
    * Mentoring
    * Work/life issues"

This funding is something I think we should definitely take advantage of! so
stay tuned.

-Christine