[Parentsgroup-list] pediatrician recommendations outside HUHS/MassHealth plan rec?

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wenc at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Aug 25 19:02:19 EDT 2007

Here we go again, with the age-old question...

I just signed my son up for MassHealth, and we have to pick a new primary care
doctor for him and join one of the health plans.

(This was a mostly quick and painless process, by the way, and it's only costing
me $28 a month as opposed to the $900/semester HUHS charges for grad student
dependents.  I definitely recommend MassHealth.  AND they cover his dental too!
& some plans have discounts on bike helmets & eyeglasses etc.)

Any recommendations for a doc, and also for which health plan?  They offer BMC
HealthNet, Neigborhood Health Plan, Network Health, and the MassHealth PCC
plan.

I live in Roslindale, near JP, but come to Harvard Square almost every day.  So
anyone in JP, Roslindale, the Longwood area, or near Harvard Square would be
great.

Thanks!
Christine