[Parentsgroup-list] Re: Torn between PTCC and YMCA

Miriam Shakow shakow at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 21 09:53:36 EDT 2007

Hi,
We went our son to PTCC and our upstairs neighbor was in BH. The
convenience issue is important, but it seemed that the experience in
daycare was much better in PTCC: BH didn't go outside nearly as much, it
seemed that the kids were on their own a lot more, and that for potty
training and things like that, the fewer staff meant that they were much
less willing to follow the parents' wishes. With PTCC, we always felt
comfortable asking them to adjust their approach to our son, when
necessary (for us, dragging our son away from toy cars and trucks to
take part in group activities).

Good luck,
Miriam