[Parentsgroup-list] Re: Torn between PTCC and YMCA

Sabrina Selk sselk at hsph.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 21 12:20:39 EDT 2007

Hi Debrah,

I'm in the same boat choosing between PTCC and the landmark bright horizons. The BH is great cause its close by and she has friends there, but it is also a large classroom. Right now I'm leaning towards PTCC, just because she started the transition into the preschool room at BH and it has been rocky. She is the youngest in the class and apparently some of the older kids were mean to her. There's nothing so awful as having your kid come home saying 'my friends weren't very nice to me'. Because my daughter tends to be less outgoing and aggressive than some other kids I think she'll do better in a smaller setting with kids her own age. I think that in the end the choice should be based more on personality than anything else. If your kid adapts easily and is very outgoing, I'm sure they'll have no problem holding their own in any setting.

Best of luck,

Sabrina

P.S. would your child be going into toddler 2??