[Parentsgroup-list] Referrals for HUHS OB/GYN physician

Scott Raymond sraymond at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Aug 8 08:20:06 EDT 2007

I won't attempt to speak for my wife (I cc'd her, so she can respond to
the contrary), but I felt like we had a positive experience at Brigham
and Women's, despite an emergent premature delivery and 2 wks in the
neonatal intensive care unit. Emily was in the hospital ~ 1 wk prior to
the delivery and had a huge, comfortable room overlooking Mission Hill.
The nursing staff on the OB floor and in the NICU were very caring.

Emily's OB is Dr. Monseign (sp?) at New England OB/GYN.

Scott

wenc at fas.harvard.edu wrote:

>I have to say--I have heard almost entirely negative things about delivering at
>Brigham & Women's--with experiences ranging from the ridiculous to the
>traumatic.
>
>And as I recall, the OB consent form HUHS uses was fairly draconinan in its
>language--at least it was 5 years ago, or seemed that way at the time.  (I took
>one look and decided to go elsewhere for care.)
>
>I am sure some people have had good experiences at B&W, though.
>
>--Christine

Scott Raymond
PhD candidate, Medical Physics
Harvard Biophysics
Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology
work: 617-726-7478
cell: 617-834-9908
sbr at mit.edu
sraymond at fas.harvard.edu