[Parentsgroup-list] Referrals for HUHS OB/GYN physician

Manjari C. Miller mchatter at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 7 20:15:09 EDT 2007

We also had a FANTASTIC experience with brigham's. I was astounded by the
quality of both prepartum and postpartum care. my husband and i both LOVED
it. also, this is the first time that on this list i've heard people say
they don't like it. over my last 6 years at harvard i've only ever heard
it described in the superlative. i've had friends and colleagues deliver
at B&W and their experience was so positive that one of the reasons we
decided to have kids in grad school was to take advantage of the excellent
facilities.

re: female doctors...i started off with the same preference at UHS and
then came to realize that the dr i loved the most was john goldman. he was
really supportive and very reassuring throughout my pregnancy. i was
completely unimpressed by both gail gazillion and karen girard--lalita
haines wasn't too bad. that being said, i've also known people to love
those drs. i think an ob/gyn is a very personal choice so if you're
comfortable with someone just stick to that person. of course in the end,
it's the luck of the draw who is actually present for your labor. again, i
got lucky and got john goldman who i was hoping for. my worst nightmare
would have been david olson--i saw him just once and had an incredibly bad
experience.

good luck!
manjari
Manjari Chatterjee Miller                           Dept. of Government
Weatherhead Center for International Affairs        Harvard University