[Parentsgroup-list] Referrals for HUHS OB/GYN physician

Eunju Chung packchung at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 14:58:40 EDT 2007

Well, I had somewhat of a different experience with Dr. Guzelian. She was
not my primary doctor but was on call the day I went into labor. I went to
the hospital with a birthing plan and wanting to do a natural birth. She
seemed somewhat annoyed at the fact that I had a birthing plan. My labor was
long and slow in progressing. I ended up having an epidural. But throughout
the whole labor, Dr. Guzelian was eager to move things along. She broke my
water, put me on pitocin, and wanted to use the vacuum. When I was hesitant
about using the vacuum, she was somewhat threatening that if I didn't, I
might have to have c-section. In the end, I didn't need c-section and she
said that my son came out just as she was about to use vacuum. Overall, I
wish I had a more patient and understanding doctor. This is something you
have no control over when you use a group practice like Harvard UHS though.
Hope my story was not to discouraging.

Esther

  _____